Monday, November 25, 2019

Lamarca and Masottina Prosecco DOC: A Holiday Bubbly Tradition by PhilipS. Kampe






We host several Holiday parties, both in Massachusetts and New Jersey.
Its a great time to share wines and holiday cheer with your close friends.
I have been the cook for the past twenty-five years. Everyone seems to come for lasagna, a tradition that my wife’s mother, Anna, began years before I was in the picture.
I’m blessed to carry on the tradition.
At one point, when I was in the cheese and gourmet food industry, I would stock up on cheese and easily would serve twenty styles of cheese along with an array of various foods.
Those days are over.
Now, since my life has focused on wine for the past fifteen years, wine is the focus. At parties, though, consumer wines are my go to. That brings us to these two great bubblies that are reasonably priced and are always well received by guests.
Northeastern Italy is famous for sparkling wines. The famous Prosecco growing region is hilly and beautiful. The glera grape is abundant and is the varietal used to make these two, DOC, crowd favorites.
Both Lamarca and Masottina add that special, festive quality that defines the holidays. They are both food friendly, have balanced acidity and enough fizz to whet your appetite. I like to use them as an aperitif, before or after the meal.
The choice is up to you...

Philip S. Kampe
Philip.kampe@thewinehub.com















No comments:

40 Years of Winemaking at Russian River Valleys Sonoma-Cutrer by Philip S. Kampe

 Innovation in Winemaking at Sonoma-Cutrer began forty years ago. The focus has always been innovation for this Russian River Valley winery....