Follow thewinehub on Twitter

Monday, July 20, 2009

Quote for the new T-shirt. Please vote!

We are creating a new T-shirt for TWH and we need your help to decide which quotes we should use. Choose the ones that you like the most (up to 3 please).

1) Alcohol, if taken in sufficient quantities, can give one the illusion of drunkenness. – Oscar Wilde
2) I have enjoyed great health at a great age because every day since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine except when I have not felt well. Then I have consumed two bottles. - Bishop of Seville
3) She gets to keep the chalet and the Rolls, I want the Montrachet. - Anonymous
4) What is better than to sit at the end of the day and drink wine with friends, or substitutes for friends? - James Joyce
5) When asked what wine he liked to drink, he replied, "That which belongs to another." - Diognes Laertius
6) When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. - Henny Youngman
7) My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle. - Henny Youngman
8) I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. – Frank Sinatra
9) Consuming wine in moderation daily will help people to die young as late as possible. - Dr Philip Norrie
10) Always carry a corkscrew and the wine shall provide itself. - Basil Bunting
11) Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. - Ernest Hemingway
12) Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it. – Anonymous
13) I spent ninety percent of my money on wine, women and song and just wasted the other ten percent. - Ronnie Hawkins
14) Burgundy makes you think of silly things, Bordeaux makes you talk of them and Champagne makes you do them. - Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
15) Small people talk about things, average people talk about ideas, and great people talk about wine. – Peter Lanberg

Or... you can suggest one…

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!
Post a Comment