Wines of Argentina
In Celebration of Malbec World Day We Present
One Night in Argentina:
Bringing the Passion, Warmth, and Soul of Argentina
To New York April 16-17
Get ready New York: A celebration of the passion, complexity and contradiction that defines Argentine culture is coming. After a wildly successful debut in London in 2013, Cambalache*--One Night in Argentina will transform the Brooklyn Night Bazaar into a sizzling mix of music, wine, food, live street art and culture on April 16 &17 from 6pm to 11pm. Not your stereotypical swirling and sipping event, Cambalache will invoke all of the senses and offers:
· Over 120 of Argentina’s finest wines from 26 of the top Argentine wineries all in celebration of Malbec World Day **
· The unconventional art of pairing wines with music, hosted by renowned multisensory experts and flavor consultants, Oxford and London professors Charles Spence and Barry Smith
· True Buenos Aires street food from Sur Empanada, historical Argentine cocktails, circa 1940, from Malbec House and the famed Dulce de Leche ice cream from Cones
· Three of Argentina’s most prolific street artists Cabaio Stencil, Roma and Tec will create a live mural during the event
· A lesson in Buenos Aires street slang (to stir up trouble) with James Bracken, author of the cult book Che Boludo
· Music from DJ Uproot Andy, whose label Que Bajo spotlights bass-filled South American music
· Plus a host of other uniquely Argentine experiences including exposure to the spirit of Argentine literature, dancing Nuevo Tango with Strictly Tango and rubbing elbows with Gauchos
*Cambalache, which means ‘bazaar’ in Spanish, was immortalized in the 1934 Argentine Tango song of the same name. Used at the time as a provocative commentary on society, in modern Argentine vernacular it describes something that is chaotic, haphazard, full of contrast and contradiction and above all exciting—epitomizing the heart and soul of the country.
**On April 17, Wines of Argentina proudly present the fourth annual edition of Malbec World Day, an international celebration dedicated entirely to the country’s most emblematic grape. For 2014 they are linking Malbec with all things music related under the title of ‘Malbec Making Noise’. They will be hosting a range of events, promotions and online activity around this theme both in the US and abroad. For more info visit www.malbecworldday.com.
Brooklyn Night Bazaar/165 Banker St. Brooklyn, NY 11222
April 16 &17, 2014/6-11PM
Tickets are $80, Including all Food and Drink and are Available a:
Friday, March 7, 2014
Celebrate Malbec World Day(s) April 16th & 17th with "One Night in Argentina"--Passion, Warmth and the Soul of Argentina
Angiolino Maule and VinNatur Have Arrived: Pesticide-free Wine From 170 Producers by Philip S. Kampe
What do the following Italian wines have in common? IL Farneto (Emilia) Brut Nature Elvira (Veneto) Pinot Grigio Frizzante 2016 La Mor...
Masters of Wine: I've been thinking about talking about this for a while. Well, here it is... I'll miss the blind tastings! ...
For the past 40 years MEDINET WINES have been the TOP SELLING WINES in Germany's Food Retail Segment. Thanks to NICHE Imports of Cedar ...
Federica and Elena Zeni Fifth generation charismatic w...