Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Wine and All Natural Cocktail Mixes by Philip S. Kampe and Maria Reveley




 Time to Experiment with Wine and ‘All Natural’ Cocktail Mixes

I guess at times you think you have seen everything, then, all of a sudden someone has a brilliant idea to create a new product, in my case, specifically made for white, red or sparkling wine.
Once you sample this new wine invention, you wonder why it was never done before.
What I discovered was a company based in Atlanta, named Old World Gourmet, who has created some innovative wine and cocktail mixes that turn still wine into ‘Adult Slush Puppies’.
I know, it sounds ‘out-of-the-ordinary’, but, the reality is, a new world of wine and cocktail flavors now exists for the wine lovers of the world.
Vino-Licious, the name of the product, has created a whole new wine experience for both the new wine drinker and the wine geek.
They have created a new way to enjoy wine, as a frozen drink, like a slush puppie.
It is like tasting wine for the first time.
This unique frozen drink mix is easy to make. Basically you add the mix to a bottle of white wine, red wine or champagne or prosecco, fill the empty wine bottle with water, add together and freeze for 3-4 hours. The result is an amazing slush drink made in your freezer.
If you prefer non-alcoholic, just add grape juice or a bottle of non-alcoholic wine.
The flavors I tried were Sangria, Peach Bellini (made with Champagne or Prosecco) and Wine Ice.
The result was wonderful, even for a skeptic like me.
I have a few more flavors to try, Lemoncillo, Margarita and Blueberry Pomegranate, before fall sets in.
If you can’t find Vino-Licious locally, look online at www.owgshoponline.com
They retail for $8.99 per flavor.

Speaking of mixes, ‘Powell & Mahoney’ have created a line of ‘All Natural’ cocktail mixes that are made in small batches and are of top quality. Recently I had the opportunity to sample a group of cocktail mixes and found the ones made by Brian Powell and Mark Mahoney as the cream of the crop.
The founders explained that there is a need for a true natural cocktail mix that would replicate the classic cocktails of the world with a few exotic twists.
Literally, after twenty years, the duo of ‘Powell & Mahoney’ have introduced their line of cocktail mixes to the world.
At a recent sampling, I had the opportunity to try their combined expertise in several mixed drinks. What I learned was that their passion and diligence for turning your home into a bar was a reality.
The cocktail mixes retail for $6.99 each and can be found at select stores or online at:
www.powellandmahoney.com
I had the opportunity to try the whole line of natural cocktail mixes and have to believe that there is none better in the market. As a wine drinker, I find that the transition to alcohol based drinks was simple because of the high quality of the mixes. The drink tastes ‘real’ and not like one that is made with a mass-produced mix.
The Blood Orange, their newest mix, really knocked me out. Add Mojito, Lemon Sour, Pomegranate, Ginger, Peach Bellini, Cosmopolitan, Margarita and Bloody Mary to the mix and you have created an entire bar room in your house.
My married kids and my wife Maria always want products that are natural.
Brian Powell and Mark Mahoney have taken care of that.












2 comments:

Sam P. said...

Very Helpful..
Wine mixes for my wife and all natural cocktail mixes for me..

Nancy G. said...

Your article gives me many ideas for my upcoming party.

40 Years of Winemaking at Russian River Valleys Sonoma-Cutrer by Philip S. Kampe

 Innovation in Winemaking at Sonoma-Cutrer began forty years ago. The focus has always been innovation for this Russian River Valley winery....