2. DO Cava - Celler Batlle 2001
Mostly Xare-lo but also some Macabeo. This lovely Cava spent 7 years on the years (and it shows in layers of complexity). The Peñin Guide gave to it 92 points.
"Aromas of prunes and crispy bacon, the palate has fig and mocha character with toasty minerals on the finish." Decanter
"This Tempranillo - Syrah - Merlot blend is very well made, very smooth and soft, a very pleasant aftertaste, top quality!" Cellar Tracker
7. DOP Dominio de Valdepusa - Emeritus 2005
"Inky deep cherry color. Intense, elegant and expansive nose combined with complex aromas. Massive tannins, ripe flavors of oak and black fruits. Chocolate, coffee, blackberry, licorice and mint meld in a luscious blend. Excellent tannic structure, broad, supple, substantial palate of ripe fruits and wild berries. Lingering finish." Snooth
8. DOP Terrerazo - Quincha Corral 2007
"A very intense, black-cherry colour with hardly any signs of evolution. The initial impact on the nose is balsamic and highly complex, opening up to reveal hints of leather, roasted coffee and liqueur nuances. In the mouth it proves warm and smooth, with a very long finish full of sweet sensations thanks to the excellent ripeness of the tannins." Wine Mob
10. DOCa Rioja - Trasnocho 2005
"Gran intensidad y estructura. Tiene un comportamiento muy noble. El paso de boca está marcado por buena fruta, bien equilibrado con taninos dulces y la acidez fresca." 'nuff said? :)
"Layered with the broadest spectrum of aromas and flavours - blue and black berries, sweet spice, chocolate, mocha and toasty oak - all leading to a self-assured finish through robust yet resolved tannins." Decanter
12. DO Ribera del Duero - Aalto PS 2005
"This is a deep brooding wine, but so, so balanced. The tannins are quite evident at this stage, but the wine is very drinkable. Lush 60 second finish consisting of wild flowers and blueberries. I look forward to seeing this wine develop over the next 10 years." Cellar Tracker
Winemakers' note: The award winning Termanthia is the ultimate expression of the best of vineyard plots in Toro with vines that over 120 years old and at an altitude of 800 meters. The hyper-concentrated fruit produces considerable aromatic complexity and shows tremendous power on the palate with plenty of fleshy roundness and as much elegance and precision as it does intensity. This is a wine that will keep very well, gaining even more complexity in bottle.
97 points Peñín Guide: "(100% garnacha) Colour: bright cherry. Nose: ripe fruit, creamy oak, expressive, sweet spices, fine lees, mineral. Palate: flavourful, fruity, toasty, round tannins. (2011)"
"Amazing wine. Perfectly balance with an incredibly long finish." Peter Lanberg
17. DOP Montilla Moriles - Gran Barquero Pedro Ximénez
A very sweet, dense wine of extraordinary depth and complexity. Montilla is a less well known source for fortified wines than Jerez but the sweet wines from this region in particular have an excellent reputation. Perfect partnered with sticky toffee pudding or poured over vanilla ice crream.
- Jancis Robinson is regarded as one of the most prominent and influential wine writers
- Master of Wine and a very successful publisher of the 11 year-old, award-winning JancisRobinson.com; editor of the Oxford Companion to Wine and wine editor for the Financial Times
- Jancis will conduct a tasting of up and coming grape varieties, regions and styles.
2. Australia – Shaw and Smith – M3 Chardonnay 2010 Adelaide Hills
3. Germany - Dr. Loosen, Erdener Treppchen Riesling Kabinett 2008 Mosel
4. Austria – Jurtschitsch, Grüner Veltliner Schenkenbichl 2009, Kamptal DAC Reserve
5. NZ - Felton Road, Cornish Point Vineyard 2010 Central Otago
6. Burgundy – Louis Jadot, Clos St Jacques Premier Cru 1990 Gevrey Chambertin
7. Turkey - Kavaklidere, Prestige Öküzgözü 2008 Elazig
8. Piemonte – Gaja 2008 Barbaresco
9. Rhône – Tardieu Laurent, Cuvée Spéciale 2006 Châteauneuf-du-Pape
10. Toscana - Antinori, Tignanello 2001 Toscana
11. Argentina - Catena Zapata, Catena Alta Malbec 2000 Mendoza
12. China – Grace Vineyard, Tasya's Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2008 Shanxi
13. Chile - Almaviva 2005 Puente Alto
14. South Africa - Vergelegen 2000 Stellenbosch
15. California – Ridge Monte Bello 1995 Santa Cruz Mountains
- Robert Parker will conduct a master class on Bordeaux.
- This master class will be accompanied by a tasting of 20 wines from the impressive 2009 vintage, rated as one of the best ever in the history of Bordeaux.
- This is a unique opportunity for the participants because it is the first time that the 2009 vintage will be showed at public event since the wines have been bottled.
- Robert Parker will be accompanied by representatives from each of the 20 chateaux who will help him to describe the wines and the estates. They will also assist Robert Parker in answering the questions from the audience.
The wines to be tasted and the Châteaux representatives are:
One of the pillars of TheWineHub is Wine Tourism. Whether you are a wine maker, or a wine drinker, we all enjoy having discoveries...