For the first time ever VinItaly will have a online meeting point, with free wifi. This has been made possible through the very kind sponsorship of the Consortium of Umbrian wines who have given the #winelover group a space on their stand and paid for the wifi.
The #winelover group will bring live updates of VinItaly through a realm of social media (Twitter, FaceBook, Google Plus, Pinterest, ...), blog posts and web TV. The aim is to share our love for wine and our thirst for wine knowledge with wine friends and #winelover-s anywhere in the world.
Since the creation of the #winelover group on Valentine's day of this year the group has continued to grow worldwide uniting sommeliers, MW's, wine professionals, wine bloggers who all want to share their love of wine! We would like to expand this group to any #winelover, whether he/she is a wine professional or not, willing to share his or her wine experiences and wanting to connect with like minded people.
Besides covering what is happening at Vinitaly, there will be also a few activities organized at the #winelovers space. Please find the some highlights of the events planned here below:
- Umbrian wines Master Class: our team of professional wine educators will take you on an Umbrian wine discovery journey
- Why #winelover?:A seminar/discussion about what a winelover is, about our community, what we stand for and how you can join us online and make new friends
- #winelover-s as part of your winery market strategy: Here we will delve into the topic of how #winelover-s can be valuable ambassadors of your brand on and off line.
- An Umbrian Food and Wine Pairing Class hosted by an Italian Sommelier
- Wine2.0: an overview of the Social Media in today's wine world. We aim to give you an overview of the online communication tools available today and will touch on how wine review sites can work for #winelovers and wineries alike
- The Umbrian #winelover's quiz: test your knowledge of Umbrian wines and make a chance to win a fabulous #winelover T-shirt!
- MW Masterclass: an Introduction to the Institute of Master of Wine: an Italian blind tasting hosted by MW Peter Koff
- A mini #winelover vinocamp: We will introduce you to the #vinocamp movement, explain how it started and is working in France and Germany before collecting a few topics for discussion. We will end this session with a debrief which we will cover online as well.
- A #winelover-s tour of Italy - a guided tasting through the diverse wines of Italy. For this event we will take a walk through the fair to visit the major consortium stands
- The Italian #winelover's quiz: test your knowledge of Italian wines and make a chance to win a fabulous #winelover T-shirt!
Join us online and share your thoughts, questions and wine love and help us spread the love for Umbrian and Italian wines at Vinitaly as well as in the rest of the world!!