- "A Connoisseur is one who can distinguish between what he or she likes, and what is good. The two are by no means always the same" - Still some people (even wine judges on occasion) believe they are...
- "When people are free to choose between a simple visual image and a more complex one, they gravitate to the complex"
- "Wine tasters in America can talk more like winemakers than connoisseurs. The technology of winemaking has become, for many aficionados, more important than the results from it" - I have to fight really hard to not fall in this trap myself...
- "Wines, like children, don't always turn out as fine as one hopes - or as bad as one fears"
- "As in a rain forest or a coral reef, what makes wine so fascinating is its variety"
- "Wine exists for food. Without the context of food, wine is a eunuch, a sterile experience which soon acquires distorted features" - This is for me one of the most important things in wine. Unfortunately, people don't give enough attention to this fact and wines are judged/rated as if they were to be appreciated by themselves.
One of the pillars of TheWineHub is Wine Tourism. Whether you are a wine maker, or a wine drinker, we all enjoy having discoveries...
This article is brought to you by MIss Vicky Wine:
Click on the link to buy it in the US with free shipping.